Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » search engine returning links to threads that do NOT contain the search term
search engine returning links to threads that do NOT contain the search term [message #448941] Thu, 25 March 2010 22:49 Go to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have just done a search for 'count_query' and the first link is Quote:
Forum: Forms «» Posted on: Thu, 18 March 2010 23:39 «» By: Littlefoot
Re: Running Oracle Report Through Form6i and validating between two dates
What is the POF_NPOF column's datatype? You said that it contains "P" and "N" only. What is the result of the following query:select pof_npof, length(pof_npof), count(*) cnt from this_table group by pof_npof, length(pof_npof);
at
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/447912/67467/?srch=count_query#msg_447912

But this thread does NOT contain the search term 'count_query'. Nor do the next three threads.

If I use the 'site-level search engine' it appears to be working okay.

Is there documentation on using the search facility? I know I can't search for numbers but is 'under_score' a special character for character substitution or some other thing?

David
Re: search engine returning links to threads that do NOT contain the search term [message #448982 is a reply to message #448941] Fri, 26 March 2010 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
djmartin wrote on Fri, 26 March 2010 04:49
I have just done a search for 'count_query' and the first link is Quote:
Forum: Forms «» Posted on: Thu, 18 March 2010 23:39 «» By: Littlefoot
Re: Running Oracle Report Through Form6i and validating between two dates
What is ...

I'm sorry, I'll make sure to add "count_query" to all my future posts /forum/fa/1587/0/

You are right, David - I noticed the same behaviour. For example, sometimes people ask what TNS_ADMIN system variable is so I search for one of my messages where I explained how to use it, in order to post a link to that very message. Searching for "TNS_ADMIN" filtered by "me" returns different messages but never the one I'm looking for.

However, if I search for "lengthy" (it was a lengthy answer") filtered by "me" finds it.

Is it something with the way message texts are indexed, or what?

Re: search engine returning links to threads that do NOT contain the search term [message #449265 is a reply to message #448982] Mon, 29 March 2010 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sounds like we will have to wait for Frank or Frank to give us an answer.

David
Re: search engine returning links to threads that do NOT contain the search term [message #449787 is a reply to message #449265] Wed, 31 March 2010 23:15 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is there a fix 'in' for this search problem in the next release?

David
Previous Topic: Message timestamp
Next Topic: Login Name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:33:50 CDT 2024