Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Linux file system with column to show file encodings?
Linux file system with column to show file encodings? [message #490742] Thu, 27 January 2011 02:40 Go to next message
chanveil
I keep finding files being converted to encodings other then Unicode however XP's Windows Explorer does not have a detail column for showing the encoding of files in a directory. For those who are not sure what I'm talking about open a folder on XP (I do not use Vista or 7 and 90% of what I use in XP was removed in Vista and 95% removed in 7), click the view menu at the top, and then choose 'details' if it's not already set. In the details view of a folder if you right-click on the columns (Name, size, type, date modified in example) you can customize the columns however there are no columns for viewing the file encoding the files were saved as.

I'm wondering if there is a program (not the console/terminal) in Linux regardless of distro that would allow me to quickly/visually scan my directories for non-unicode code/text files?
Re: Linux file system with column to show file encodings? [message #490756 is a reply to message #490742] Thu, 27 January 2011 03:47 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This question bears no real connection with Oracle.
Please find a more appropriate forum.
The topic is locked.
If I'm wrong, please, PM me (or report this message to a moderator, explain why you think it should be unlocked and it might be done).

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: erros when i connect to my database
Next Topic: Linux root partition 100%
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:48:34 CDT 2024