Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Installing oracle 8i in linux mandrake7.1
Installing oracle 8i in linux mandrake7.1 [message #97197] Mon, 14 January 2002 00:45 Go to next message
naeem
Hello,
I am installing oracle8.1.7 in mandrake7.1.
I have created a user oracle and attached to the group dba.
when i run installer, after i select all the components, i have a message that i dont have enough space to install all the components.
I have 8G of disk space, and in that i have 6G freespace.
Do i have to increase space for the user oracle, if yes how to proceed to increase space for the oracle user.
Thanks for your help.
Re: Installing oracle 8i in linux mandrake7.1 [message #97245 is a reply to message #97197] Fri, 01 February 2002 07:36 Go to previous message
Rajesh Aialavajjala
Greetings Naeem !!
I'm not much of an authority on Mandrake Linux, and I admit that I am guessing here. Did you ensure that the mount point onto which you wish to install Oracle ($ORACLE_BASE,$ORACLE_HOME) is owned by the OS user 'oracle' ?? Also that the same has requisite free space.

If you've already done this, forgive me for presuming otherwise. It was the first thought that popped up as soon as you stated that you have 6GB free on your HDD.

Lastly, I've not had much experience installing Oracle on Mandrake 7.1, but in my experience with the other variants of Linux, and predominantly Red Hat, the oracle user is generally associated with the 'oinstall' group for setting directory permissions. It may be different for Mandrake though.

Hope this helps...

Cheers !!!

Rajesh Aialavajjala
Previous Topic: installation of linux
Next Topic: New Message Board
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:35:31 CDT 2024