Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Agent Service Failed
Agent Service Failed [message #98711] Mon, 05 August 2002 19:49 Go to next message
Andally
End of install oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0,

Oracle Universal Installer: Configuration Tools

x Agent Configuration Assistant canceied

Parameter "orahome" = /oracle/product/9.2.0
Parameter "nodeinfo" = NO_VALUE
Agent Service Failed

help me, Thanks!
Re: Agent Service Failed [message #98783 is a reply to message #98711] Tue, 31 December 2002 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
I had the same problem.
I hope someone can post a solution.
Re: Agent Service Failed [message #98785 is a reply to message #98711] Mon, 06 January 2003 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JHD
I'm running into the same issue during an Oracle 9iR2 installation on a RedHat 7.2 platform.

Have you found a solution?

Thank you.
Re: Agent Service Failed [message #98820 is a reply to message #98711] Fri, 28 February 2003 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joekk
A mi me pasa igual, alguien sabe algo al respecto?
Agent Service Failed [message #98996 is a reply to message #98783] Wed, 25 February 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mazen
upon retrying service - it failed again
Details
Parameter "orahome" = E:oracleora92

Agent Service Failed

i am a newbie in oracle - please help, i dont know how relevant is this failure but if you can help let me know how to fix this issue

Thanks in Advance
Re: Agent Service Failed [message #99199 is a reply to message #98996] Sat, 16 October 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
José Henrique
upon retrying service - it failed again
Details
Parameter "orahome" = E:oracleora92

Agent Service Failed

i am a newbie in oracle - please help, i dont know how relevant is this failure but if you can help let me know how to fix this issue

Thanks in Advance
Re: Agent Service Failed [message #99228 is a reply to message #98711] Fri, 12 November 2004 10:37 Go to previous message
I_am_an_oracle_linux_newb
The similar problem for me happened when installing oracle 9ir2 on suse 9.0:

Agent Service Failed

After the problem shown above, I was unable to log into the database that was created during the install.

Before you read this, you should know that I messed things up by having various different versions installed and I have been goofing with my system quite a bit. You should not have to do most of the things listed below, but this is what I tried.

This post also assumes that you used some version of the orarun.rpm to set things up for you overall, and that you follow the directions in the pdf file at
http://ftp.novell.com/partners/oracle/docs/9205_sles9_install.pdf

I followed the advice on another website, to make sure that the listener was running and all that: http://www.mcse.ms/archive26-2004-7-840559.html

It basically says:

> I started the listener config util. and manually configured the listener
> $ ./netca &
> Run from ($ORA_HOME) to start the listener
> $ ./lsnrctl start
>
> Check to make sure listener is working - run
> $ ps afx | grep LISTEN | grep -v grep

For some reason, I had to specify a different port for the listener using netca. This is most likely becasue of my other installations, so I would just use the default port if I were you.

I made sure to have set all the environment variables. At least include the following in the .bashrc or other file:

export ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
export ORACLE_SID=<YOUR_ORACLE_SID>
export ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
export ORACLE_TERM=vt100
export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/OraHome1
export TNS_ADMIN=/opt/oracle/OraHome1/network/admin

Also, make sure that the thsnames.ora file is set up correctly. There is lots of documentation on this already. Make sure that the begining of the tnsnames.ora entry for the database that you want to connect to has the .companyname.com or whatever value is given in the $TNS_ADMIN/sqlnet.ora file.

I also used the
./netca &
to ping various connections.

I had an easier time connecting to a remote database server than to the one that I just installed. So that is worth trying first.

eventually I actually used the ./dbca wizzard to create another database after I had all the environment variables set and I was able to connect to a remote database.

The second database which I created after the install worked.

I also edited the /etc/oratab entry coresponding to my database to be a 'Y' so that it would start on boot, and the START_ORACLE_DB="yes" in the /etc/sysconfig/oracle file.

I also did a
chown root:dba dbsnmp
on /opt/oracle/OraHome1/bin/dbsnmp
for some reason, but I do not think that it is is important. Some web site said that the permissions for this file should be -rwsr-s---, root owner, dba group.

So this is a bunch of information, and it may or may not be useful. Most of it is not needed. I am not an expert. However, the post referenced above was helpful to me, and I got oracle working on SUSE 9, so I thought I would post something that may confuse people or it may help.

I may have done something that I left out, so if you notice it, please follow up with a post.

Also note:
launch enterprise manager with the following command, from the $ORACLE_HOME/bin:
./oemapp console
Previous Topic: how can i find size of a process in linux
Next Topic: Core dump error in Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:54:34 CDT 2024