Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Red Hat 8.0 Installation problem
Red Hat 8.0 Installation problem [message #98766] Wed, 04 December 2002 14:24 Go to next message
Rajesh Verma
Hi all,

I have Compaq Presario laptop (model no is 1510).

I have downloaded all 5 ISO files of RedHat 8.0 version from FTP server and copied on CDs.

I have already partioned my HD. ( boot ,swap and root )

I have alrady made the bootable floppy of Linux using rawrite utility and boot.img file from internet.

I booted my system with bootable floppy. It asks for CD, I inserted the CD of First ISO file, It gives error something like this is not Linux CD please insert Linux CD. Do I have to do something else with ISO file.

Please help me out. Can anybody send the installation instructions from ISO files.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Red Hat 8.0 Installation problem [message #98767 is a reply to message #98766] Thu, 05 December 2002 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajesh Aialavajjala
Rajesh,
See you're having a problem w/ installing Red Hat Linux 8.0. Would I be right in supposing that you burnt the .ISO files that you downloaded from Red Hat's Ftp (or a mirror) site directly onto a CD ?
If so, this is what you'll have to do. I use Adaptec s/w (Easy CD Create) to write CDs and this is the method I follow.

From the menu, click on File.

Select Create CD From Disc Image from the drop down menu.

On the CD creation Setup window, click the Advanced Button, then choose Disk at Once. If you use Track at once, you'll get an unusable CD.

From the File Selection window, change File Type to ISO Image Files.

Double click on the .iso file to be burned.

Click on the Burn CD icon on the File Menu.

That should do it. The procedure may vary slightly depending upon the s/w you're using to create CDs'

Let me know if you need more information...

Regards,
Rajesh Aialavajjala
Re: Red Hat 8.0 Installation problem [message #98778 is a reply to message #98766] Thu, 19 December 2002 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajesh Verma
Thanks Rajesh, Yesterday I installed RedHat 8.0.
Re: Red Hat 8.0 Installation problem [message #98808 is a reply to message #98766] Mon, 17 February 2003 01:32 Go to previous message
Beatrice Ferrer
Hello there!
I encountered problems when installing Red Hat Linux 8.0. As I set the screen resolution the OS hangs,so I reset the machine then it asked for my username then password.After that it says [[v-beafer@localhost v-beafer]]$.......What am I supposed to type next after the dollar sign?
v-beafer is my username.
I hope you could help me with this one so I could continue my installation.
Thank You Very Much in advance!!!

Sincerely Yours,
Bea
Previous Topic: Connecting to oracle on linux from windows by vb
Next Topic: Installation problem of oracle 9i under Redhat linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:43:35 CDT 2024