Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Connecting to oracle on linux from windows by vb
Connecting to oracle on linux from windows by vb [message #98769] Sat, 07 December 2002 05:30 Go to next message
Anto
Hello
I want to know is it possible to connect to an oracle server running on redhat linux from visual basic,Power builder from windows clients ?.
Re: Connecting to oracle on linux from windows by vb [message #98780 is a reply to message #98769] Fri, 20 December 2002 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Sure you can, you need to -

1. Configure a listener on your linux server
2. Install the Oracle Client software on your Windows system
3. Configure your TNSNAMES.ORA file on Windows by running the Net Configuration Assistant.

Best regards

Frank
Re: Connecting to oracle on linux from windows by vb [message #98805 is a reply to message #98780] Wed, 12 February 2003 08:12 Go to previous message
zgrande
Are you using Oracle 9i? If so, you have to intall the client you downloaded (be sure you got the correct version).
I installed the new driver on some machines without uninstall the old version and it created a second ORA_HOME, some softwares work fine, but others couldn't connect to the server, specially the ones which used Object Tables.
Previous Topic: Installation problems of Oracle9i on Linux7.1
Next Topic: Red Hat 8.0 Installation problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:09:41 CDT 2024