Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Status of Network device eth0, fails during Linux startup
Status of Network device eth0, fails during Linux startup [message #98789] Sat, 11 January 2003 09:05 Go to next message
Rajesh Verma
I am not able to browse internet in RedHat 8.0.

I noticed during Linux startup,
Status of Network device eth0 [[ FAILED ]]
while rest all are [[ OK ]]

I don't know what happened, because it was working earlier.

When I start this machine in Windows XP ( yes I have dual OS ), I can browse the internet.

FYI
- my network adapter is Intel(R) PRO/100
- I have DSL connection.

Please suggest me how to solve that problem in Linux.

Thanks in advance
Rajesh
Re: Status of Network device eth0, fails during Linux startup [message #98796 is a reply to message #98789] Sun, 26 January 2003 12:40 Go to previous message
Travis
I am also dual booting WinXP/RedHat8 and I also am using a Intel Pro/100 NIC. My NIC works in XP, but does not work in Redhat. I keep getting a messgag that "cannot start network device eth0". I have also tried to install a wireless cards (cisco Aironet) and have the same issue with it (except for eth1) Both of these NICs worked when I fist installed Redhat. Both stopped working @ the same time. The only condition that I can think of that has changed is Up2date updated a good amount of software after the install. The NICs havn't worked correctly sense.

Anyone have any ideas?
Previous Topic: Oracle 9.2 installation fails at 66%
Next Topic: Oracle 9i (Release 2) on RedHat 7.3 - Install Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:07:45 CDT 2024