Home » Infrastructure » Linux » 9iAS Fails to Install on RH AS.
9iAS Fails to Install on RH AS. [message #98873] Mon, 02 June 2003 12:54 Go to next message
Deya Motawie
Dear all,
during the installation of 9ias, 9.0.3, it failed with a compilation error. So I cancelled and fixed the problem and then started the installation again, I
enter the password for the user, same one as before, but it keeps giving me an error for the password as it is not correct. Tried to remove the installation to start from scratch, but the installer doesn't give me an option to uninstall, nothing to uninstall, how can I delete or reset the installation and start
again. I followed different solutions posted here, but they didn't work.

This is 9.0.3 on Redhat Advanced Server.

Simply what happened is the failure when compiling the sqlplus library, so I aborted the installation, upgraded the binutils package, and started again from scratch, and it always fails in the create instance name and ias_admin password when I enter the password, same as the old one, it complains that the password is incorrect, please enter the management password that is assigned for this node !
I tried all the mentioned advises on otn to reset the password, but till now, no luck. How can I just reset this password, or remove the installation completely
so it is a very new one, with no previous passwords retained in the system.

Your help is highly appreciated,
Re: 9iAS Fails to Install on RH AS. [message #98974 is a reply to message #98873] Thu, 22 January 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julio Rossini
Do you found any solution? I have the same problem.
Thanks
Re: 9iAS Fails to Install on RH AS. [message #98975 is a reply to message #98974] Thu, 22 January 2004 08:31 Go to previous message
Deya Motawie
Just uninstall the full Oracle software from the system. This is
done by manually deleting the files of the Oracle Installer, and
there are also a couple of files in the etc directory (depends on
your
setup) and /usr/ (local/bin).

When those files are deleted, the installer will disregard any
previous installations as it will not find any history for this
installation. You don't have to worry about the old password or the
previous installation.

Hope this helps,
Previous Topic: problem in running executables