Home » Infrastructure » Linux » The Java Runtime Environment was not found at E/bin/java
The Java Runtime Environment was not found at E/bin/java [message #98972] Wed, 21 January 2004 07:37 Go to next message
Baris Ozbey
I have SUSE Linux 9.0 running on my machine and I am trying to install Oracle 9i R2 on this machine. When I try to start the installer, the OUI does not start and gives the following message "The Java Runtime Environment was not found at E/bin/java"

I have installed all of the versions of the jre from blackdown.org and tried to install again one by one but I could not come over the problem. I am not an experienced Linux user but I could not configure out the "E" at "E/bin/java". Does anyone knows what is the meaning of this E?

I installed SUSE linux 7.2 and SLES 8.0 and tried the installation. But the result is the same.

Thanks in advance
Re: The Java Runtime Environment was not found at E/bin/java [message #99247 is a reply to message #98972] Fri, 17 December 2004 09:18 Go to previous message
Unni
Edited /oracle/tmp/Disk1/oraparam.ini (the commented lines are the original ones):
[[Oracle]]
DISTRIBUTION=TRUE
###SOURCE=./stage/products.jar
SOURCE=/oracle/tmp/Disk1/stage/products.jar
LICENSE_LOCATION=
###JRE_LOCATION=./stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.3.1.0.0a/1/DataFiles/Expanded/jre
JRE_LOCATION=/oracle/tmp/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.3.1.0.0a/1/DataFiles/Expanded/jre
###OUI_LOCATION./stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.2.0.18.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded
OUI_LOCATION=/oracle/tmp/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/2.2.0.18.0/1/DataFiles/Expanded
JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=" -mx48m"
DEFAULT_HOME_LOCATION=
DEFAULT_HOME_NAME=OUIHome
NO_BROWSE=/net
NLS_ENABLED=TRUE
BOOTSTRAP=FALSE
OUI_VERSION=2.2.0.18.0
Previous Topic: Oracle 8.1.7 installation on Linux RedHat7.2
Next Topic: Installation Error on redhat linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:48:00 CDT 2024