Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Urgent.Oracle not found.shared memory realm
Urgent.Oracle not found.shared memory realm [message #99115] Thu, 05 August 2004 22:29 Go to next message
Samyak
Hi,

this is my first posted question in this forum...actually i had installed Oracle 9i on linux 9.x server ....after installation when i tried to connect to sql i got this message that oracle not available and shared memory realm not given....i even tried to login as sysdba and got problems with it....is it something related to LD_ASSUME_KERNEL parameter given as 2.4.1.......

can anybody help me regarding this as it is very urgent....

thanks in advance

Re: Urgent.Oracle not found.shared memory realm [message #99117 is a reply to message #99115] Mon, 09 August 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

Please check that the required environment variables are correctly set (ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME) and that you've booted with the correct kernel parameters.

If the above doesn't work, post the exact detailed error, and look in your ALERT.LOG file for additional information. Also let us know what type of Linux are you running (SUSE, RH, etc).

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Urgent.Oracle not found.shared memory realm [message #99121 is a reply to message #99117] Fri, 13 August 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samyak
hi frank...
thanks for your reply....sorry i could not reply earlier...actually it was my fault completely...
i had not set a parameter in oratab file to Y.i did that and now it is working fine...
now that database has been installed...i wanted to know why OEM is not appearing in menu of linux GUI..
it is invoked only if i type oemapp console.....
another thing is that should i continue using the parameter LD_ASSUME_KERNEL = 2.4.1 or is it higher for linux 9.x. our's is IBM server red hat 9.x ...
thanks again...
Re: Urgent.Oracle not found.shared memory realm [message #99188 is a reply to message #99121] Sun, 03 October 2004 21:37 Go to previous message
Guru
I am geting the same error please let me know the awnser at the earliest.
Previous Topic: 2 jre processes under oracle_home are using 90% of CPU
Next Topic: smallest possible oracle database on linux9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:39:44 CDT 2024