Home » Infrastructure » Linux » How to connect to Oracle Server running on WinNT server from a linux terminal
How to connect to Oracle Server running on WinNT server from a linux terminal [message #99170] Fri, 10 September 2004 20:30 Go to next message
Balaram Dey
My oracle server running on WinNT platform.
I have a redhat linux machine. I want to connect to oracle server (just like sql * plus) from the linux box.
plesae let me know how ?
Re: How to connect to Oracle Server running on WinNT server from a linux termina [message #99182 is a reply to message #99170] Mon, 20 September 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kishore
Pls install or copy the oracle drivers(classes.zip) on the linux box and connect to the oracle server on the winnt server.

this shld solve the issue.
Re: How to connect to Oracle Server running on WinNT server from a linux termina [message #99283 is a reply to message #99182] Mon, 07 February 2005 15:38 Go to previous message
Girdhari Choudhary
Hi,

First install oracle client on your linux machine.
than configure your tnsname.ora.here configure net service name for your windows database server and it should connect to windows server.

Oracle platform independent.it can connect to any paltform to any
Previous Topic: connect to oracle8i(windows 2000) from linux(without install oracle on linux)
Next Topic: Oracle 10g on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 20:27:31 CDT 2024