Home » Infrastructure » Linux » emctl says database is down
emctl says database is down [message #116852] Fri, 22 April 2005 09:17 Go to next message
patrick
I have installed Oracle 10g 10.0.1.3 on Fedora 3.

This all with no problems. After i installed the database i connected to the enterprise manager
http://localhost:5500\em
This worked perfectly everything was showing and i could do everything i wanted.

I restarted the machine and did oracle didn't come up right away so i logged into SQL
SQL>startup
Database started

I then started the dbconsole
$emctl start dbconsole
This also started.

I connected to the em again and the page i saw was about the database not being started. When i clicked the button startup the page showed that the databse was started and i had to shutdown. I did shutdown. Then using emctl started it again. I got a message on the page that said:
The database state has been changed succesfully from shutdown to open. Note that the current status on the page gets updated when the new status information is uploaded to the repository.
I am now an hour later and still get this page.

When i reconnect to enterprise manager i get the same screen that the datase is not open.

With SQL i can connect and do everything but i also want to use the enterprise manager.

Can i manually update that repository and how? Or should i start something else? What to do?

Thank for your help
Re: emctl says database is down [message #116856 is a reply to message #116852] Fri, 22 April 2005 09:40 Go to previous message
patrick
found it myself.

I forgot to start the listener
$ lsnrctl start
started

It was running like it should
Previous Topic: OC4J from Developer Suite not running
Next Topic: Help needed with Shell script !!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:41:06 CDT 2024